Katrinacus Rex

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

SGF's Hymn Sing Prelude

As we deal with the repercussions of the hurricane I am reminded of what we sang in our service as a church body. Here are some of the lyrics to Samuel Rodigast's 1676 hymn "What'er My God Ordains Is Right". I've been humming this for a week.

Whate’er my God ordains is right:
His holy will abideth;
I will be still whate’er He doth;
And follow where He guideth;
He is my God; though dark my road,
He holds me that I shall not fall:
Wherefore to Him I leave it all.

Whate’er my God ordains is right:
He is my Friend and Father;
He suffers naught to do me harm,
Though many storms may gather,
Now I may know both joy and woe,
Some day I shall see clearly
That He hath loved me dearly.

1 Comments:

  • We over at gotdoctrine.com
    have been praying for you guys. It has been very encouraging to see your spirits lifted, even in the most difficult of times. Please know that you have our FULL support, as we hope Our LORD JESUS CHRIST will restore your church body
    one hundred fold!

    By Blogger Gadfly J, at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home